Dark lips has always been a signature look for fall. And this year, the ethereal gothic look was turned up a notch with shades ranging from deep rose, wine stained to dark purples. At Derek Lam, various shades of brown, maroon and burgundy were mixed together to create a saturated stain while Bibhu Mohapatra (top right) paired dark cherry lips with a wet, metallic eye. Taking things to the extreme was Veronique Branquinho (top left), where models donned an ultra sophisticated glossy purple lip, courtesy of red lipstick mixed with purple eyeliner.
* Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Finish Creamy Foundation in Creamy 80 – blended with Make Up For Ever Artisan 106 Foundation Brush
* Senna Form-A-Brow Eyebrow Stencil Kit in Neutral – right shade on brows
* NARS Paramaribo Duo Eyeshadow – left shade on the lid, right shade on the lower eye
* NARS Eye Paint in Black Valley – along upper lashline and winged out
* Lancome Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara in Extra Black – top and bottom lashes
* Ardell False Eyelashes
* MAC Fascinating Eye Khol – lower waterline
* NARS Copacabana Illuminator – down the nose
* NARS Puerto Vallarta Multiple – lightly on cheeks
* NARS La Paz Pure Matte Lipstick all over topped with MAC Nocturnelle Eyeshadow on the center
* Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in FBI – to clean up lip line
* With the lips being the focus of the look, remember to keep skin clean and evened out with foundation and cheeks minimally defined.
Like what you see? Try my other Fall 2013 makeup look as well!