Playing off the inspirational mood board and the textures and colors of the fabrics in the Derek Lam A/W 2013 Collection, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux and famed manicurist Jin Soon Choi created “a sophisticated, minimal urban hippie”.
“The focus is on the eyes and the lips. I placed a highlight of metallic shimmer in the center of the eyelid, to make it appear very flat, like a two-dimensional painting on a canvas. The saturated stain on the lips is very strong and intense – a mix of brown, maroon and burgundy. The skin is very fresh and iridescent, a satin-matte texture,” said Tom.
Makeup: Tom Pecheux for Estée Lauder
Nails: Jin Soon Choi for Estée Lauder
* Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion
* Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
* DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15
* Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place Makeup
* Pure Color Instant Intense EyeShadow Trio in Smoked Chrome – launching August 2013 (Left and Center Shades)
* Pure Color Instant Intense EyeShadow Trio in Steel Lilacs – launching August 2013
* Pure Color Instant Intense EyeShadow Trio in Sterling Plums – launching August 2013
* Pure Color Vivid Shine Lipstick in Burnished Bronze – launching August 2013
* Pure Color High Intensity Lip Lacquer in Electric Wine – launching August 2013
* Pure Color Stay-On Shadow Paint in Sinister (Eye products used to create the look on the lips were part of the creative collaboration between professional makeup artist Tom Pecheux and Derek Lam. Estée Lauder does not recommend using products intended for the eyes on the lips.)
* Pure Color Nail Lacquer in So Vain – launching March 2013
* Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Nudité – launching March 2013
Images: Courtesy of Estee Lauder.