The Peacocky Collection finally hit stores yesterday and I brought home with me a few of the new Mega Metal Shadows.
The Mega Metal Shadows ($19.50) come in 15 beautiful colors that range from coppers, beiges to greens, blues, purples and browns. Compared to the previously released Metal X and Brushed Metal X shadows, these feel more like powder eyeshadows but go on equally buttery with a nice, blendable texture.
Pigmentation seems to vary by color. While they all go on very metallic, the darker ones are more pigmented while the lighter ones require a bit of layering to get a more intense color.
* Sexpectations is a reddish burgundy similar to Cranberry eyeshadow.
* Tweet Me is a light golden orange that shows up identical to Expensive Pink eyeshadow on me.
* Paparazz-she is a bright coppery orange. It reminds me a lot of Goldspice Metal X Eyeshadow and Amberlights eyeshadow.
* Prance is a light beige with a pearly pink sheen.
* Peek-at-you is a light yellow white and the least pigmented out of the bunch. It is similar to Pollen eyeshadow.
* Dalliance is a very light pewter/olive gold. On me, it shows up just like Retrospect eyeshadow with barely any green.
* Ego is a dark forest green that is almost identical to Humid eyeshadow and 6th Sin Metal X Eyeshadow.
* Odalisque is a teal. Shimmermoss and Talent Pool from Starflash collection are close dupes.
* Dandiezette is a cool-toned dark silvery blue similar to Blue Storm Pigment.
* Noir Plum is a bright violet identical to Violet Pigment.
* Mating Call is a frosty lavender. It is similar to Lotusland Eyeshadow from Starflash collection and lighter than Stars ‘N Rockets eyshadow.
* Top Of The Posh is a frosty light pink with just a tinge of gold.
* Spectacle of Yourself is deep bronze warmer than Center Stage. Coco Beach Pigment and Twinks Eyeshadow are both to similar to it.
* Center Stage is a rich chocolate brown just like Mulch Eyeshadow.
* Unflappable is a dark plummy grayish taupe. It is a warmer version of Satin Taupe eyeshadow and similar to Gilded Ash Brushed Metal X Eyeshadow .
The shadows also wear slightly better than the Metal X and Brushed Metal X shadows. They are water-resistant and stay on a good 10 hours without creasing or fading even with no primer underneath.
Onto the swatches!
While all the colors are gorgeous, they are VERY similar to existing and previously released colors so I had a really tough time picking out what I want. I ended up with Unflappable, Noir Plum and Dandizette. Might go back for Dalliance and possibly Mating Call.
Disclosure: The product in this review was purchased by us. It may also contain an affiliate link, which gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. Please see our Disclosure for more information on our posting policy.