Starflash Eyeshadow ($14)
Starflash, MAC’s latest eyeshadow formula, is a “remarkably creamy jet-milled pressed Eye Shadow that provides a distinctive pearly finish”. There are a total of 12 new shimmery colors and all of them are limited edition. The colors may be very similar to some of the existing MAC eyeshadows but the texture and finish are definitely better. They are very smooth (even smoother than MAC’s Veluxe Pearl eyeshadows), really easy to blend and they stick onto the eye very well. The pigmentation is also great and they last all day without creasing and fading.
*Dreammaker – This “frosty yellow gold” is a soft yellow gold and it reminds me of MAC’s Pollen eyeshadow.
* Grand Entrance – This “frosty neutral pink beige” is actually one of the more unique colors in this collection. It is very frosty and similar to Stila’s Kitten eyeshadow.
* Bold & Brazen – This “frosty light copper” is one of the colors that I cannot seem to find a close dupe from MAC’s existing collection. It is pretty but not really my color.
* Sunset B. – This “frosty mid-tone pink” is a shimmery barbie pink. Again, it is very pretty but a little too pink for my taste.
* Lotusland – This “pinky lavender with gold pearl” is a soft lavender that would look beautiful on blue or brown eyes. I cannot find a close dupe for this one either.
* Talent Pool – This “blue green with gold pearl” reminds me of a bluer version of MAC’s Steamy eyeshadow and a greener version of MAC’s Tilt eyeshadow.
* Mink & Sable – This “olive green” is gorgeous but looks almost identical to MAC’s Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow on me.
* Smoke & Diamonds – This “frosty dirty taupe” is definitely my favorite shade from the collection. It is similar to MAC’s Sweet Sienna pigment and would look great with any eye color.
* Go – This “frosted bronze” looks exactly the same as MAC’s Tempting eyeshadow on me.
* Glamour Check! – This “reddish brown” is a beautiful warm-toned bronzy brown with gold shimmer and it is very similar to MAC’s Mulch eyeshadow.
* Top Hat – For some reason, this “dirty indigo” is slightly sheerer than the rest but the color is beautiful! It would look great on its own or as a crease color and I cannot find anything similar in MAC’s existing collection.
* Star by Night – This “mid-tone blue” is a shimmery navy blue color that is very similar to MAC’s Deep Truth eyeshadow.
Kohl Power Eye Pencil ($13.50)
These eye pencils are all limited edition and repromotes from previous collections. Raven and Orpheus are both from Smoke Signals; Feline is from Blue Storm and Alexander McQueen; Mystery is from Blue Storm. They go on very smoothly and all the colors except Feline, which is your ordinary black, are gorgeous!
* Raven – Black with red pearl
* Orpheus – Black with gold pearl
* Feline – Rich black
* Mystery – Black with green and teal pearl
* Zoomlash – Zoomblack
Top to Bottom (Left to right) : Mystery and Orpheus Kohl Power Eye Pencils, Smoke & Diamonds and Top Hat Starflash Eyeshadows.
Image credit: MAC, Bjooti, Specktra and Lushiousbabe.