Brushed Metal-X ($16.50)
These are an improved version of the Metal X cream eyeshadows that were launched last year. All the colors are new and limited edition; except Metalblu and Goldspice, which are repromotes from the Metal X collection.
Compared to the original Metal X eyeshadows, these are meant to go on smoother and last longer. MAC has also added ridges onto the surface which made them look like little seashells.
*Updates on 11/26/08:
So I have been wearing these for the past few days with and without a primer and guess what? They creased horribly without a primer on my non-oily eyelids. I also noticed that even with primer on, certain colors seemed to crease a little more than the others – yes I am talking to you Pink Platinum! If you still plan on getting these (the colors are gorgeous and hard to resist), I would definitely suggest 1) using a primer underneath and 2) putting powder eyeshadow on top.
Gilded Ash, Pink Platinum, Verdigris and Metalblu
Goldspice, Material Gold and Forged Rose
* Pink Platinum – This “light blue/pink with silver pearl” is definitely the prettiest and my favorite color out of the bunch. It is a very frosty, cool-toned baby pink color that is great on anyone for a girly look.
* Material Gold – Described as a “pale peach/beige with gold pearl”, this looks like a shimmery beige similar to NARS All About Eve Duo eyeshadow. It is pretty pigmented and would make a great base or a highlighter.
* Goldspice – This “metallic coppery gold” is a gorgeous warm coppery gold. It is very pigmented and highly similar to MAC Amberlights eyeshadow.
* Gilded Ash – This is my second favorite color from the collection! It is “a dark charcoal grey with pearl” that will make a great smoky eye paired with Pink Platinum or Material Gold.
* Forged Rose – This is a “reddish copper with gold pearl” that looks just like a red copper. It is pretty pigmented but the color is not really my cup of tea.
* Metalblu – This “navy blue with silver pearl” repromote may look like a dark blue in the pan (think MAC Blue pigment) but it comes out a lot sheerer and you really have to layer it on to build up the color.
* Verdigris – This “dirty deep green with silver pearl” is a muted green with gray undertones which looks dirty on my NC30 skin. Like Metalblu, this also tends to be sheerer than the rest.
Pigment and Reflects Glitter
These are all limited edition with great pigmentation and a smooth texture. Gold Mode and Cocomotion are both repromotes from the Rushmetal collection and Spiritualize is a new color.
From Left to Right:
* Cocomotion – This is a “dirty gold with olive undertone and gold sparkle” which reminds me of MAC’s Old Gold pigment minus the green undertone. Loves it!
* Gold Mode – This is truly a “tan gold” and is absolutely gorgeous! It looks a little like MAC’s DazzleRay pigment and would brighten up any eye color instantly.
* Spiritualize – This “yellow-green with silver and gold pearl” is nothing like the existing pigments. It is a pastel green that looks like a lighter, more yellow version of MAC’s Gilded Green pigment from the Colour Forms collection.
Reflects Glitter ($17.50)
These are all available from the current Pro line and Reflects Very Pink is rumored to soon be discontinued.
From Left To Right:
* Reflects Bronze – This is a “sparkling rich gold” that is *gorgeous* and screams for attention. Compared to the other three, it has the smoothest texture and tends to adhere to the skin better. I cannot wait to use this next time I go clubbing.
* Reflects Very Pink – This “sparkling fuchsia pink” is a beautiful color but the texture is definitely a turn off. It is very chunky and you will end up with glittery everywhere.
* Reflects Purple Duo – Unlike the color you see in the jar, this “sparkling rich purple” shows up more blue than purple on me. Plus the texture is just like Reflects Very Pink – ugh!
* Reflects Blackened Red – Similar to Reflects Bronze, this “sparkling burgundy” has a less gritty texture. On me, it shows up as a dark reddish brown color.
If you want to order samples of Gold Mode, Cocomotion, Spiritualize and Reflects Bronze, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liquidlast Liner ($16.50)
These are hands down the most smudge-proof liquid liners I have ever used. Once it dries, it will stay intact until you take it off with an oil-based remover. They also go on very pigmented and the creamy texture is excellent to work with. Highly recommended!
All the colors in this collection are from the permanent line, except Visionaire(repromote from Barbie Loves MAC) and Molten Sol(repromote from Moonbathe), which are both limited edition.
From Left to Right:
* Visionaire – Clean baby pink
* Classic Cream – White gold
* Molten Sol – Rich gold with intense metallic pearl
* Dress Khaki – Khaki green with yellow pearl
* Powerplum – Deep plum with red pearl
* Inky – Navy blue with low level pearl
* Inkspill – Deep green with green pearl
* #209 Precise Eye Liner ($17)
* #217 Blending Brush ($22.50)
* #272 Small Angled Shader ($23)
Gilded Ash, Material Gold, Pink Platinum and Goldspice
Forged Rose, Metalblu and Verdigris
Molten Sol, Classic Cream, Dress Khaki, Visionaire, Powerplum, Inkspill and Inky
Spiritualize, Cocomotion and Gold Mode
Reflects Very Pink, Reflects Purple Duo, Reflects Blackened Red and Reflects Bronze
Pink Platinum, Material Gold and Gilded Ash