Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation is the latest it thing in high-def makeup. The oil-free liquid foundation claims to offer medium to full coverage to cover skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. It is also rated as one of the must-haves on the sets of Gossip Girl, Heroes and pretty much all shows on CW with a long list of fans including actress Meryl Streep and singer Lady Gaga. I have been wearing this for a month and I can’t rave enough about it! Read on to find out why!
• Wide color range. This comes in a whopping 25 shades so everyone is bound to find their match. I use 120 Soft Sand for my NC25 skin but do go up a shade to 127 Dark Sand in the summer.
• Buildable coverage. Although the coverage is on the heavy side, it is very buildable and covers everything! All I have to do is put an extra dab under the eyes and any areas that require extra coverage – no concealer needed on top!
• Amazing texture. Thanks to its triple silicones which contain round edges, the foundation goes on very creamy and smooth yet feels surprisingly lightweight on the skin.
• Application is a piece of cake! The foundation tends to dry pretty fast so I like using my fingers to apply followed by MAC #183 Flat Buffer Brush to blend. Like all MUFE foundations, this can also be applied with an air brush.
• On my dehydrated combo skin, the finish is perfect – no oil, no flakes, just radiant skin that looks real and flawless.
• The foundation wears very wear even without a primer underneath or powder on top. My makeup stayed fresh all day after 12 hours with zero touchups.
• The packaging. It comes in a 30ml bottle which means you get a decent amount of product. The pump dispenser also gives you the perfect amount of product and one pump is all I need for the entire face.
A few things that could be better:
• The price but hey, at this quality, I am more than willing to fork out the money.
• The silicones (one of the key ingredients in this foundation) which can clog up pores and cause breakouts on some people.
• The foundation can look heavy if you don’t blend well or use too much. Remember to always use a light hand and build up the coverage gradually.
New to high-def makeup? Learn all about it here!
The Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation is available at Sephora for $40.