Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation is the latest it thing in high-def makeup. The oil-free liquid foundation claims to offer medium to full coverage to cover skin imperfections flawlessly while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. It is also rated as one of the must-haves on the sets of Gossip Girl, Heroes and pretty much all shows on CW with a long list of fans including actress Meryl Streep and singer Lady Gaga.
I have been wearing this for a month and I can’t rave enough about it! Read on to find out why!
* Wide color range. This comes in a whopping 25 shades so everyone is bound to find their match. I wear 120 Soft Sand which is suitable for my NC30 skin (medium light skin with yellow undertones).
* The coverage. It is on the heavy side but is very buildable and it covers everything! All I have to do is put an extra dab under the eyes and any areas that require extra coverage – no concealer needed on top!
* Thanks to its triple silicones which contain round edges, the foundation has an amazing texture. It goes on very creamy and smooth yet feels surprisingly lightweight on the skin.
* Application is a piece of cake! The foundation tends to dry pretty fast so I like using my fingers to apply followed by MAC #183 Flat Buffer Brush to blend. Like all MUFE foundations, this can also be applied with an air brush.
* On my dehydrated combo skin, the finish is perfect – no oil, no flakes, just radiant skin that looks real and flawless.
* The foundation wears very wear even without a primer underneath or powder on top. My makeup stayed fresh all day after 12 hours with zero touchups.
* The packaging. It comes in a 30ml bottle which means you get a decent amount of product. The pump dispenser also gives you the perfect amount of product and one pump is all I need for the entire face.
Possible cons are:
1) The price but hey, at this quality, I am more than willing to fork out the money.
2) The silicones (one of the key ingredients in this foundation) which can clog up pores and cause breakouts on some people.
3) The foundation can look heavy if you don’t blend well or use too much. Remember to always use a light hand and build up the coverage gradually.
Below is me wearing a couple of looks I did wearing the foundation:
New to high-def makeup? Learn all about it here!
The Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation is available at Sephora for $40.