Homecoming is around the corner so here are a few makeup tips for all of you as requested.
Miss Teen Universe USA 2006 Katie Blair and Miss Universe 2006 Zuleyka Rivera
* As you can see from the above pictures, the girls, despite their different skin tones, all have one thing in common – they all look fresh and glowy with flawless skin, neat eyebrows, defined eyes, rosy cheeks and luscious lips
* Try not to do your makeup half-way. If you are going to use foundation, do it all the way to avoid patches.
* Now is not the time to experiment. Leave all the bright eyeshadows and lipsticks for some other time and stick to colors you know you look good in. You should also do a few trials to make sure everything looks good together.
* Your makeup does not have to match your dress completely. Instead, it should compliment it so it remains the main focus.
More Tips from the Miss Universe Website
Here’s an entry about touching up for Rinoa – hope you like it girl!
How To Touch Up Your Makeup
Base – To touch up your base, start by blending away any creased foundation or concealer. Blot your t-zone lightly with blotting paper. Mist your face with rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ and lightly dab with a Kleenex. Then using a fluffy brush or sponge if you prefer a heavier coverage, reapply powder all over in a circular motion. Finish by spraying rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ again to take away the cakiness.
Eyes – Wipe off any smudges with a Q-tip dipped in eye cream. If your eyeshadow has faded, reapply sparingly and do not pile it on, which may end up creasing. Reline your eyes if necessary and definitely recurl your lashes. Line your waterline with a white/nude pencil to perk up tired eyes.
Cheeks – Reapply your blush with a light hand.
Lips – Start by tissuing off any remaining lip color. Then apply lip balm, reline your lips if necessary and reapply lipstick or lipgloss.
Things You Can Do to Minimize Touching Up
* Use a primer before your foundation and eye makeup. It will help make your makeup stay on longer.
* Use products that come in a long-lasting formula.
Paper facial masks, aka sheet masks, have always been a HUGE staple in the skincare regimen of many Asian women. But if the concept seems novel to you, read on to find out what’s so special about them!
We have all heard of it, read about it and even saw it on the Tyra show. Like all other things, cosmetics do go bad and if you keep on using stale makeup, you are just sending yourself on the way to breakouts and skin irritation.
So how can you find out if your makeup has gone bad? The first thing you should do is to check the expiry date on the product if there is one. Then, chuck anything if:
1) it smells funny
2) the texture has changed or separated
3) the color has changed
4) it is older than 3 years
Otherwise, you can follow the generalized shelf life of products below. Remember, liquid/cream products do not last as long as powder ones because they contain more emulsions, which are less stable and will break down over time.
Katja requested a breakdown of Koda Kumi’s eye makeup in this picture with MAC products. I found a similar look on MAC’s website and here is the breakdown:
Using the 222 Brush, wash a layer of Quarry Eye Shadow over the entire eyelid and closely under the lower lashline. To give more depth to the eye, apply Embark Eye Shadow in the outer crease as well as the outer half of the lower lash line. Blend in Carbon Eye Shadow with a 219 Brush in the inner crease, at the top of the outer crease and lightly at the lower lashline. Blending is key to mesh all three shadows together for that smokey effect. Next, use Brownborder Technakohl to line the top lashline, fanning slightly upwards. Line the bottom lashline with the same eye liner without connecting the line at the outer and inner corner of the eye. Smudge the liner slightly. Slather top and bottom lashes with as many layers of Zoomblack Zoomlash mascara as you desire.
With the 192 Brush, smooth on Uncommon Blushcreme on the cheekbones and blend upwards towards the temples.
For this nude lip, apply Sandy B. Lipstick and top it off with Florabundance Tinted Lipglass.
Celebrity Makeup Breakdown Koda Kumi 1