Here’s a breakdown on Nicole Scherzinger’s look from the Come to Me video as requested.
Skin must be kept glowy and flawless. For those of you who are on the pale side, try mixing a liquid bronzer like Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion in Golden Light into your foundation. Highlight the bridge of your nose with a shimmery beige color like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne.
Nicole’s eyes are sexified with a soft smoky look. Try Stila’s Fall in Love trio in Cedar Grove from their Fall collection. Apply the lightest color as a wash and add a little more under your browbone. Next, apply the shimmery copper color onto your entire eyelid and darken your crease with the mocha color. Remember to apply black eyeliner along both your up and bottom lashlines and lots and lots of mascara to bring out your peepers.
Suck in your cheeks and apply a peachy pink blush (try NARS Orgasm) along your cheekbones. Next, apply a darker blush like NARS Laguna right under the pink blush to contour.
Skip liner and apply a peachy pink lipgloss like NARS Orgasm to make your lips look uber luscious.
Started in August 1997, the International Make-Up Artist Trade Show
is like the
show in the makeup industry. Every year, thousands and thousands of make-up artists, vendors, manufacturers and enthusiasts flock to this event to promote products, demonstrate techniques or just to mingle with people in the industry.
The next show will be held at the Business Design Center in London on the 27th & 28th January 2007. Advance tickets range from £30 to £50. For more info, check out http://www.makeupartistshow.net/
I am definitely getting a two day pass for this! E-mail me or leave a comment if you want to go too =)
Homecoming is around the corner so here are a few makeup tips for all of you as requested.
Miss Teen Universe USA 2006 Katie Blair and Miss Universe 2006 Zuleyka Rivera
* As you can see from the above pictures, the girls, despite their different skin tones, all have one thing in common – they all look fresh and glowy with flawless skin, neat eyebrows, defined eyes, rosy cheeks and luscious lips
* Try not to do your makeup half-way. If you are going to use foundation, do it all the way to avoid patches.
* Now is not the time to experiment. Leave all the bright eyeshadows and lipsticks for some other time and stick to colors you know you look good in. You should also do a few trials to make sure everything looks good together.
* Your makeup does not have to match your dress completely. Instead, it should compliment it so it remains the main focus.
More Tips from the Miss Universe Website
Here’s an entry about touching up for Rinoa – hope you like it girl!
How To Touch Up Your Makeup
Base – To touch up your base, start by blending away any creased foundation or concealer. Blot your t-zone lightly with blotting paper. Mist your face with rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ and lightly dab with a Kleenex. Then using a fluffy brush or sponge if you prefer a heavier coverage, reapply powder all over in a circular motion. Finish by spraying rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ again to take away the cakiness.
Eyes – Wipe off any smudges with a Q-tip dipped in eye cream. If your eyeshadow has faded, reapply sparingly and do not pile it on, which may end up creasing. Reline your eyes if necessary and definitely recurl your lashes. Line your waterline with a white/nude pencil to perk up tired eyes.
Cheeks – Reapply your blush with a light hand.
Lips – Start by tissuing off any remaining lip color. Then apply lip balm, reline your lips if necessary and reapply lipstick or lipgloss.
Things You Can Do to Minimize Touching Up
* Use a primer before your foundation and eye makeup. It will help make your makeup stay on longer.
* Use products that come in a long-lasting formula.