Here are the different ways to apply different kinds of eyeshadows as requested by Joselle. Click here to learn more about the different kinds of eyeshadows.
Always pat (never rub) when you apply powder eyeshadow. That way, the color will adhere to your skin better and stay more vibrant. You can use:
* Sponge tip applicators – pick ones with small pores
* Brushes – try MAC #239 Eye Shading Brush
Here is the requested tutorial on the Max Factor ad inspired FOTD that I did.
Saw this Max Factor ad at Boots and I *loved* it so much I decided to do a dupe.
A reader requested guidelines on wearing eye makeup for contact lens wearers. I wear contacts (clear, color and circle lens) myself so here are a few tips you guys can use.
* Pop in your contacts before you apply any eye makeup. This way, you will be able to see more clearly and avoid any mistakes.
* Try not to rim your inner lash line to avoid tearing. But if you really need to do so, use a waterproof or smudge-proof liner. My picks are MAC Fluidline and Prestige Automatic Eyeliner.
* To avoid eyeshadow from dropping into your eyes and causing irritation, either use a cream formula or simply wet your brush before using powder eyeshadow.
* Pick a mascara with minimal flaking and smearing. I like CoverGirl LashBlast and L’oreal Voluminous.
* Remove contacts before you remove your eye makeup to avoid damaging them.
* Makeup Tips for Glasses Wearers
* What Are Circle Lenses?