From Dior’s first Velvet Eyes Multi-Wear Adhesive Eyeliner Patches to the myriad new nail products that came out (nail polish strips, magnetic polish, at-home gel polishes etc.) and the official launch of Asian cult BB creams at Sephora, 2011 is undeniably a great year for all of us beauty junkies. I will begin a series of my favorite products for 2011, starting with base makeup.
Clockwise starting from the top:
* Used even on Kristen Stewart during her wedding scene as Bella Swan in Breaking Dawn, Cle de Peau Concealer ($70) never fails to erase undereye circles and pimples in one single swipe.
* Smashbox Studio Skin SPF 15 ($42) is my number one go-to for flawless skin up to 12 hours straight. The foundation is also great for photoshoots.
* For every day, Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet Foundation ($50) provides good and natural coverage. Lauren Conrad is also a fan of the line!
* MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ($27) has been my favorite since 2007 for a sheer, glowy look and to set makeup. ‘Nuff said!
* To counteract uneven skintones and help makeup last longer, a few bottles of Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primers ($32) in different shades are a must in my kit.
* I finally discovered the greatness of Graftobian Hi Def Glamour Creme Palettes ($24). Its wide color range and good yet easy-to-control coverage makes it perfect for freelance work, like this pin up makeup look I did on Kristen (such a beauty!)
* Too lazy to put on makeup? That’s when I go to Bosica B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ ($38) for light yet natural coverage and great sun protection.
What are some of YOUR favorite base makeup products this year? Share!