I finally had the chance to stop by Sephora to check out the new, exclusive Tarina Tarantino Beauty Collection. Read on to find out what I think!
The packaging is definitely what sucked me and just as expected, everything looks super cute! If you are a fan of Jill Stuart or Anna Sui or just pink in general, you will definitely like this collection.
* Eye Dream Hypershadow ($19). These come in a wide variety of colors and textures, ranging from your everyday shimmery neutral to bright matte pink to sultry glittery plums and bronzes. Pretty colors but nothing you can’t find at MAC or NARS. The texture is also very smooth with decent color payoff.
* Eye Dream Hyperliner ($17). These remind me a lot of Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil. The colors, which consist mostly of greens, blues, browns and black, are all very pretty. They do apply very creamy without tugging the skin but also tend to smudge very easily.
* Gem Gloss ($19). These look sooooo cute and remind me of MAC Cremesheen Glass. They come in an array of wearable colors which are mostly creamy, except for a few, which contain shimmer. They also have a pretty strong fruity scent. My favorites are Nouveau and Pom Pom.
* Conditioning Lip Sheen ($22). These also come in a nice selection of wearable colors with either a creamy or frosty finish. They go on very smoothly and semi-pigmented without drying the lips.
* Dollskin Powder ($32). These come in 6 flesh colors, a green for counteracting redness and a translucent for setting makeup. Just like the Eye Dream Hypershadows, they are finely milled. They also have a silky texture and apply nicely without drying out my skin. #7 is the right match for my MAC NC30 skin.
* Pearl Glow Primer ($32). This contains light-reflective properties to give skin a healthy, luminescent glow. While I like the idea, it is slightly on the greasy side and a little too shimmery for my taste. There are definitely better products out there.
Did you ladies pick up anything? What did you think of the collection?
For swatches of the products, check out the Makeup and Beauty Blog!