First, Francois Narscreated a matte brick red color dubbed Grenadines for the NARS Spring 2009 collection. Now, red is splattered all over the A/W 2010 runways. The popularity of red eyeshadow is on the rise and can no longer be ignored! So read on to learn how you too can become a master of the trend!
• Pick the right red. This is key in making the look work. Pale skin can pull off brighter reds while darker skin tones look best in deeper reds like burgundy and maroon.
• Pair it with another color. Throwing in a darker color like black, charcoal, brown and plum can make the look more wearable. Alternatively, adding a dash of shimmer in the inner corners like I did below also helps.
• Go heavy with eyeliner and mascara. This is a must to avoid a bruised/swollen look.
• Wear it as an eyeliner. If you are not quite ready to wear red all over, try lining your eyes with red.
• Red eyeshadow tends to intensify any redness in your eyes so if your eyes are tired, save it for another time.
• The dye used to make red eyeshadows can potentially trigger off a bad reaction on certain people. Please use with precaution, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Been rocking red eyeshadow all along? Share your tips!