I know you ladies are very interested in the Yaby palette I picked up at the Artist Summit Chicago so let me start off with a review of one of their star products, eyeshadows! Swatches and reviews after the jump.
These babies come in metal pans just a tad smaller than the size of a dime. There are over 100 gorgeous colors to choose from, which rang from the starkest whites and blacks to a huge array of wearable neutrals and shockingly bright colors. There also 5 different formulas:
Matte: Definitely one of the best around! These eyeshadows give excellent color payoff without being chalky and the texture is super great to work with!
Satin: Almost matte to light sheen.
Frost: Very shimmery and like the rest, are super pigmented with a smooth, blendable texture.
High Shine: Similar to the Frost eyeshadows, only less reflective.
Pearl Paint: Most unique and my favorite out of the 5. These go on super metallic and pigmented. The finish is shiny and looks wet, just like a cream. The eyeshadows are also waterproof and didn’t crease a bit after I wore them for 12 hours without a primer! Lovessssssss!
* pp012 frosted rose – A gorgeous shimmery medium pink in the Pearl Paint formula. The color reminds me of MAC Apricot Pink Pigment.
* es283 pure yellow – A very bright cool-toned yellow in the Matte formula.
* pp001 midnight blue – While the name may suggest a darker color, this is a beautiful silvery blue with green undertones that resembles MAC Tilt Eyeshadow.
* es276 olivetini – This High Shine eyeshadow is an olive color. Very similar to pp019 antique, only with more green and yellow undertones.
* es611 carbon paper – This is another Matte eyeshadow. It looks like a navy blue in the pan but shows up a gorgeous dark teal on my yellow-toned skin and makes my eyes pop so much!
* es241 just orange – Yet another Matte eyeshadow and the color is a loud orange.
* pp061 copper ruby – This Pearl Paint eyeshadow is a gorgeous cranberry red.
* es114 jungle mist – A MAC Teal pigment lookalike in the Frost formula.
* pp019 antique – A cool-toned pale champagne color in the Pearl Paint formula. The color and effect it gives off is very similar to MAC Pure Ore Metal X Cream Eyeshadow.
* pp047 eggplant – This is my favorite color out of the bunch! It is a stunning blue-based violet in the Pearl Paint formula that goes so well with my brown eyes!
Overall, I am more than impressed with these. They are exactly what I look for in eyeshadows – great color selection, superb pigmentation, a texture that blends like a dream and awesome staying power. The pan packaging also allows you to build your own palette for easy travel, not to mention their petite sizes mean the product will never go to waste (I can never hit pan on anything!)
I’m off to build my next Yaby palette! Yay!
Check out more reviews and swatches other Yaby goodies: Blush, Highlight Powder and Setting Powder, Pearl Paint Eyeshadow and Liquid Foundation.