Inspired by Moorish architecture and textiles, the Tadashi Shoji A/W ’14 brought us a Romantic Moroccan look that consisted of a stained red lip and gold tips on the nails.
“It’s about mystery, romance and decadence… reminiscent of an enchanting Moorish night,” explained M·A·C makeup artist Lisa Houghton.
* Face & Body Foundation – blended over moisturized and primed skin to illuminate and enhance with a fresh, buttery finish.
* M·A·C PRO Taupe Powder Blush – blended over the apples to sculpt and shape Pearl Cream Color Base blended over cheekbones for an added highlight and radiance to skin.
* Coquettish from Fall 14 Trend Forecast/Lip Palette (available Spring 2014) – shaded with intensity over the eyelid and faded up to the brow bone to mimic a natural skintone.
* Coquette Eyeshadow – brushed through the brows to deepen and groom with a feathery look through the edges.
* Hearts A Flame Lipstick (available Fall 2014) – pressed onto the lip with a fingertip, and then blotted with a tissue, layer by layer to create a wine stained effect the edges of the lip were then faded to a whisper to soften for a medieval, painterly appearance.
To complement the range of deep hues and rich shades in the collection, Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, applied butter LONDON Nail Foundation to the nails followed by butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Marbs to create the gold half-moon and tip. She completed the look with butter LODON P.D. Quick Topcoat.