Here are some of my favorite beauty products I discovered this Spring. What are some of yours?
• As we step into Spring (yay for more sun!), it’s time to up your sun protection. Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 For Face/Body ($30) utilizes both physical and chemical sunscreen ingredients to block out UVA and UVB rays and comes with amino acid, Rose Apple Leaf Extract and Scutellaria Baicalensis to provide moisture, produce collagen and elastin and inhibit aging. Plus unlike your regular Japanese sunscreens, it dries down to a natural-looking satin finish so you can say goodbye to chalky white faces. Oh and did I mention it smells great as well?!
• Caudalie Premier CRU The Cream ($155) is my latest weapon to fight aging and keep wrinkles at bay. With a high concentration of Resveratrol-Oleyl for lifting and firming, Viniferine for brightening and antioxidant-rich grape-seed Polyphenols, this ultra-moisturizing cream comes with a strong yet divine scent and easy-to-absorb texture. After a month of using this on my face and neck daily in the AM and PM, my skin has gotten firmer, more even and radiant.
• I have always been a fan of Cle de Peau Concealer but it was not until my recent trip to Hong Kong that I discovered the equally great Cle de Peau Silky Cream Foundation ($120). Not only did the foundation feel rich, it was so insanely pigmented that one tiny drop covered EVERYTHING – pores, pigmentation, undereye circles, you name it! The foundation also left behind the prettiest dewy finish (you know the kind you see on celebrities) and wore super well without oxidizing. Definitely a great investment that I will repurchase!
• After makeup artist Anita introduced me to the magic of Lunasol eyeshadow palettes during our little bridal makeup shoot, I immediately picked up Lunasol Vivid Clear Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in Pink Beige from the Spring 2013 collection. The palette comes with an array of shimmery neutrals that are not only pretty to look at but perfect for day and night.
• Finding a pressed powder that will work on my dehydrated combo skin can be tough but my search has finally ended with NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder ($34). Enriched with glycerin, Vitamin E and a Photochromic Technology, the translucent powder instantly soaked up shine without drying out my skin and added a gorgeous glow at the same time (amazing right?!) It also helped my makeup stay put and the portable compact meant you could touch up anywhere, anytime.
Disclosure: This review includes products that were purchased by us and products provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for consideration only. It may also contain an affiliate link, which gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. Please see our Disclosure for more information.