Milani Color Statement Lipsticks for Spring 2013
Available in a HUGE variety of 30 colors, the Color Statement Lipsticks range from Oranges/Reds, Pinks/Corals, Plums/Berries to Naturals/Browns. There are also different finishes, including Vinyl, Metallic, Cream, Shimmer, Pearl and Matte. Below are a few of my favorites:
* 01 Sweet Nectar is a bright orange in the Cream formula.
* 07 Best Red is a matte blue-based red.
* 12 Flamingo Pose is a creamy bright coral.
* 14 Rose Hip is a hot pink in the Cream formula.
* 17 Plumrose is a creamy mauvy red.
* 22 Chilled Brandy is a dark brownish red with shimmer.
* 24 Black Cherry is a black burgundy color in the Cream formula.
* 27 Dulce Caramelo is a frosty nude with brown undertones.
* 33 Rose Amour is a creamy medium pink.
* 36 D’ Oro is a metallic gold.
The paraben-free formula is packed with Vitamins A, C and E to moisturize and nourish lips and has a semi-strong watermelon scent. Even on my chapped lips, the lipsticks felt non-drying and glided on easily and evenly. And while the Metallic, Pearl and Shimmer formulas applied slightly sheerer, the lipsticks overall were very opaque and provided excellent color with just one stroke. The wear was also great. With most colors, I was able to get 3 to 4 hours before I started to see fading.
The verdict? A great buy, especially at this unbeatable price!
Top left (clockwise): Rose Amour, Plumrose, Chilled Brandy, Black Cherry, D’Oro, Dulce Caramelo, Best Red, Sweet Nectar, Flamingo Rose and Rose Hip
L to R: Sweet Nectar, Best Red, Flamingo Pose, Rose Hip and Plumrose
L to R: Chilled Brandy, Black Cherry, Dulce Caramelo, Rose Amour and D’ Oro
Milani Color Statement Lipstick is available at drugstores nationwide for $5.49.
Disclosure: This review includes products that were provided by the manufacturer/PR firm for consideration only. It may also contain an affiliate link, which gives us a small commission if you purchase the item. Please see our Disclosure for more information.