NARS teamed up with John Frieda to create the gorgeous look at Rodarte A/W 2013. While hairstylist Odile Gilbert went for a rocker princess look with a cool, “undone” texture, lead makeup artist James Kaliardos described the look as “the idea of makeup that had been applied on the beach – a bit messy, as if the mascara fell onto their faces. Speckled – like stars in the sky.”
· Luminous Moisture Cream
· Radiant Cream Compact Foundation (New for Fall 2013) For a similar effect, try Sheer Glow Foundation
· Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for Spring 2013) For a similar effect, try Concealer
· Pressed Powder
· Sex Appeal Blush
· Bengali Single Eyeshadow
· Mesopotamia Eye Paint (New for Fall 2013) or a similar effect, try Coconut Grove Single Eyeshadow
· Via De’ Martelli Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner (New for Fall 2013) For a similar effect, try Mambo Eyeliner Pencil
· Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
· Brow Perfector (New for Fall 2013) For a similar effect, try Eyebrow Pencil
· Brow Gel (New for Fall 2013)
· Bianca Pure Sheer SPF Lip Treatment
· Belle de Jour Velvet Matte Lip Pencil
Hair How To
Before drying the hair, Odile applied dollops of Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver Styling Mousse were applied to build texture while ensuring a smooth finish.
After hair was blow-dried, a 2-inch iron was used to create loose bends. Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Hairspray was lightly misted over each section before it was wrapped around the iron to lock the waves in place.
Next, the waves were brushed out to make the texture look more natural, and braids on both sides were connected in the back of the head with a rose made of the models’ own hair.
To finish the look, a dime size of the Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Thermal Protection Formula was smoothed over random ends to make sure the overall effect was “undone” with a little polish. A barb wire headband was worn by some models.
Images: Courtesy of NARS and Luca Cannonieri/InDigitalteam|GoRunway.