Finally, I got to play with my Ruffian Red Lipstick from the MAC Ruffian Collection and tested my new Canon EOS Rebel T3i camera for a quick FOTD. Read on to see more!
Described as a “classic rich blue red”, the Ruffian Red Lipstick comes in MAC’s signature black tube with a rounded cap and a special Ruffian box. It is also vanilla scented like all MAC lipsticks.
Compared to MAC Russian Red Lipstick, this is a little lighter, brighter and slightly more orangy/warm on me. Despite the Matte formula, the lipstick felt creamy and applied smoothly without drying out my lips or highlighting flakes. The staying power was also good and lasted at least 4-5 hours.
To bring out the red theme, I added a pop of red on the eyes with Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in Iridescent Red to go with the lipstick. Other products featured include:
* Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #127
* Senna Form-A-Brow Eyebrow Stencil Kit in Neutral
* Jealousness Diamond Beauty Fake Lashes in JS-504 Extravagance – sliced in half and placed on the outer corner
* Estee Lauder Sumptuous Two Tone Eye-Opening Mascara in Bold Brown/Rich Black
* MAC Eye Kohl in Fascinating – lower waterline
* NARS Highlighting Blush in Albatross – brow bone and down the nose
* MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry
What do you think? Did you pick up anything from the Ruffian collection?
MAC Ruffian Red Lipstick is available only at maccosmetics.com for $14.50.
Disclosure: The product in this review was purchased by us. Please see our Disclosure for more information on our posting policy.