At the Naeem Kahn runway Spring 2012 show, James Boehmer, NARS Cosmetics Director of Global Artistry, created silver metallic eyes and muted lip while CND’s Wanda Ruiz gave models dark, urbane nails.
“The starting point for the makeup was the Ava Gardner inspired eyebrow. With the bold, graphic eye, but not-so-bold lip, the makeup is reminiscent of Ursula Andress,” said James. “I wanted to create contrasts between the eye and lip. The skin is very cool – there’s no warmth to it, and the eyes are a wash of metallic silver.”
• Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer – new for Spring 2012; for now try a light application of Sheer Glow Foundation
• Dolce Vita Blush
• Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil
• Lhasa Single Eyeshadow – new for Spring 2012; for now try Ondine Single Eyeshadow
• Paris Duo Eyeshadow
• Larger Than Life Volumizing & Lengthening Mascaras
• Fantasia Lip Liner Pencil
• Bilbao Lipstick – new for Spring 2012; for now, try Pago Pago Lipstick
• Gold Digger Larger Than Life Lip Gloss
Wanda crafted the “Hematite Nails” by using saturated concrete gray CND Colour in Asphalt finished with Super Shiney Top Coat for a lustrous look.
Photos: Courtesy of NARS and CND.
NARS is available at www.narscosmetics.com.