With lips drenched in eye-popping neon shades of orange and fuchsia on the runways of Jil Sander, Fendi, Marni, Diane von Furstenberg and more, the bright lip look has been taken to a whole new level this spring.
To achieve such strong impact, makeup artists seeked help from pigments and eyeshadows. At Diane von Furstenberg and Jil Sander, pigments were applied on top of lip pencil and mixed with lip color. At Marni, an opaque cream was used while eyeshadows covered the corners of the mouth.
To translate the look from runway to real way, follow the tips below:
• Bright colors can accentuate flakes and lines. Make sure you exfoliate and prep the lip with a generous layer of lip balm.
• A loud pout requires a defined lip line. Clean up your lip line with a brush dipped with concealer or foundation and outline your lips with a pencil.
• Go matte. Super bright, glossy lips can be an overkill, especially on fuller lips. Stick with matte formulas or mattify your lipstick by blotting with a tissue and patting an eyeshadow in the same color on top.
• Apply your lip color with a lip brush for utmost precision.
• Always pair the look with clean skin and barely-there blush for the chicest look.
Images: Luca Cannonieri / GoRunway.com