MAC’s latest Fabulous Feline Collection finally hit stores today! The first thing that caught my eye were the three newly packaged Eye Shadow x 4 Quads ($36).
MAC Leopard Luxe Eyeshadow Quad
* Leopard Luxe (pictured above) has three warm golds and browns with a shimmery black.
* Burmese Beauty is a quad of cool-toned neutrals of light beige, gold, green and brown.
* Palace Pedigreed consists of four muted shades of plums and a dark gray.
All three quads are stunning and the colors go very well with each other. Among the three, Leopard Luxe is my favorite and the most wearable with best color payoff. Burmese Beauty, while pretty to look at, is not that hard to dupe and the only distinct shade, Burmese Beauty, is very similar to MAC Club Eyeshadow. As for Palace Pedigreed, the four colors have a smooth velvety texture and decent pigmentation.
MAC Leopard Luxe Eyeshadow Quad Swatches
MAC Burmese Beauty Eyeshadow Quad Swatches
MAC Palace Pedigreed Eyeshadow Quad Swatches
The new Superslick Liquid Eye Liners ($17.50) are my favorite product in the collection. They come in 9 colors, most of which are shimmery with 2 that are highly metallic (Pure Show and Nocturnal,) and one that is a flat black (On The Hunt). Compared to the Liquidlast Eye Liners, these seem to have a slightly runnier texture but once they set, they stay on very well. The new pointy applicator also works a gazillion times better than the Liquidlast. Lovesssss!
Nocturnal, Treat Me Nice, Signature Blue, Pure Show, Smoky Heir, Defiantly Feline, Desires & Devices and On The Hunt
Smoky Heir, Desires and Devices, Pure Show and Marked for Glamour
The Pigments ($19.50) are also gorgeous and heavily pigmented. There are 4 repromotes – Antique Green, Goldstroke, Old Gold and Mauvement – along with two new colors, Lithe and Bloodline.
* Antique Green is a shimmery dark forest green.
* Gold Stroke a shimmery rich deep brown.
* Old Gold is a super metallic gold color.
* Lithe is a shimmery light gold color that blends in almost completely with my NC30 skin. It also has the most buttery texture out of them all. I think I will go back for this.
* Bloodline is a shimmery dirty brown. I might go back for this as well.
* Mauvement is a shimmery cool-toned taupe that has always been one of my favorite pigments.
Antique Green, Goldstroke, Old Gold, Lithe, Bloodline and Mauvement
Mauvement, Goldstroke, Old Gold and Antique Green
As for the Lipsticks ($14.50), we have an equally nice selection of colors, ranging from a variety of wearable pinks and plums to browns, with mostly shimmery and glossy textures (Lustre, Dazzle, Cremesheen, Frost, Glaze).
Powerful, Out Minxed, Drive Me Wild and The Prowl
Liquid Lurex, Pet Me Please, To Pamper and Kittenish
Superior, Of Royalty, Aristo-Cat and Cunning
The Lipglasses ($14.50), on the other hand, seem to be less interesting. From left to right: Best of Breed, Docile, Lap of Luxury, Schemer, Fancy Cat, Wildly Refined, Jealous, A Quiet Roar and Spree
Finally, we have three new Mineralize Blushes ($21). Pet Me is a cool-toned pink), Utterly Game is a warm peachy coral and The Soft Meow is a soft bronze. They are all beautiful and go on sheer with buildable color.
Pet Me, Utterly Game and The Soft Meow
So what do you ladies think so far?
To see some of the colors in action, check out my MAC Fabulous Felines Makeover.
Disclosure: The products in this entry were purchased by me. Please see my Disclaimer for more information on my posting policy.