For this year’s MAC Couture Collection, we have Baroque Boudoir, a nice collection with 3 Lipsticks, 3 matching Lipglosses, 2 Sheer Mystery Powders in the most gorgeous packaging and a Clutch.
The Baroque Boudoir Lipsticks ($22) are all new and limited edition. The Cream formula gives them a buttery and moisturizing texture which I *love*! Pigmentation is semi-opaque and showed up nicely on my lips. While the colors are all very pretty and wearable, they are nothing too different from your regular $14 MAC lipstick.
* Prive – A blue-based baby pink. My favorite out of the three.
* Baroque Boudoir – A dark plum.
* Treasured – A warm nude beige with very gold shimmer. It also shows up more pink on my skin.
The Baroque Boudoir Lipglosses ($22) look *so* pretty in the tube! Again, the colors are new and limited edition. The texture is semi-tacky just like your regular MAC Lipglass. They also show up really sheer so it is best to wear them over a lipstick.
* Preciousness – This comes out almost clear with just a tinge of metallic pink shimmer.
* D’Nouveau – This is the most pigmented out of the three. It is a metallic plummy rose.
* The Lap of Luxury – This is a golden peach with pink shimmer.
The Baroque Boudoir Compact/Sheer Mystery Powders ($60) are just like the Sheer Mystery Powder compacts from the Hello Kitty Kouture and Monogram collections. While the compact is really pretty, I don’t think it’s worth the $60 at all. Not only is the compact smaller than your regular MAC pressed powder, the powder itself is really sheer and will not add any color onto the skin. I also find the texture to be chalky and drying. Why can’t MAC replace this with a different powder?
My hopes were instantly crushed after I saw the Boudoir Clutch ($65) in person. While it looked promising in the promo pictures, the material looks and feels plasticy and tacky. Again, not worth the $65.
For detailed information on the collection, check this out. I will be giving away a brand new Prive Lipstick so stay tuned for more details!