After MAC Couture and The Stylistics, comes MAC’s third annual couture collection, Monogram. Like the previous collections, all products are limited edition and come in a super luxe, over-the-top packaging. The collection is available at all MAC stores, Saks locations, select Nordstrom locations and Henri Bendels and http://www.maccosmetics.com.
Overall, I am pretty disappointed with the collection. It seems to me that MAC has been spending a little too much on designing the packaging (and it’s not even that cute by the way) and neglected the quality of the products.
The Lipsticks ($22) come in a new formula and are probably the only products that are worth getting. The texture is very smooth and they all glide on really easy. The pigmentation is medium and the finish is non-drying and slightly glossy.
* Flourish – Frosty mid-tone red (frost)
* Status Symbol – Warm mid-tone reddish brown (frost)
* Marque – Soft light neutral pink (frost)
* All Mine – Creamy mid-tone blue pink (frost)
The Lipglosses ($22) also come in a new forumula that are different from MAC’s regular Lipglass or Lustreglass. They are super high-shine and infused with glitter. The colors tend to go on pretty sheer.
* Posh Life – Mid-tone bright pink with gold pearlized pigments (not shown)
* Identity – Pale baby pink with gold pearlized pigments
* Distinguished – Sheer yellow beige with gold pearlized pigments
* Monodramatic – Bronzy brown with gold pearlized pigments
The Sheerspark Pressed Powders ($26) are new shimmery pressed powders that can used on both the eye and cheek. They are all really glittery and chunky with barely any pigmentation.
* Commemorate – Frosted pale gold with gold pearlized pigments
* Personal Touch – Frosted light peach with pink pearlized pigments
* Keepsake – Frosted pale pink with gold pearlized pigments
* Old English – Frosted light bronzed with gold pearlized pigments
The new Sheer Mystery Powders ($50) come in a round gold compact slightly smaller than MAC’s regular powder compact. They have a very fine and soft texture that gives a velvety finish but the product barely gives any color. I really do not see the purpose of this product.
* Light Medium – Pale Ivory
* Medium Plus – Tan beige
* Dark Secret – Deep Caramel
The Fragrance Set ($75) comes with two 15 ml glass flacon with a gold cap, featuring the collection’s name and monogram. They are both packaged in a pouch made of faux patent with a metallic finish. The fragrances are Turquatic Heat and Air d’Style.
This is a medium-sized, glossy patent makeup bag with a front flap closure and a Monogram logo.
* 129 Monogram SE ($45)
* 224 Monogram SE ($35)