Finally got to check out Dita Von Teese’s new book, Burlesque and the Art of the Teese/Fetish and the Art of the Teese, and all I can say is WOW! Read on to find out how you can nail the old school Hollywood glamour look.
Modern Pin Up Style Icons
Christina Aguilera and Dita Von Teese
Glamour Girls Must-haves
* False eyelashes. Long, lush lashes are the key to the come-hither sex kitten look. Try Ardell and MAC for different lengths and styles.
* Red lipstick and liner. Even Dita herself stressed the importance of this in her book.
* Flawless matte skin. It does not matter if you are a porcelain princess like Dita or a bronze goddess like Christina, just make sure your skin is polished and matte. Powder your entire face especially the t-zone with a velour puff and keep shimmer to a minimum.
* Black liquid liner winged on the outer corners. Enough said.
* Perfect eyebrows with a high arch. Be it bushy or thin, defined eyebrows are crucial to pull the look together.
* An oh-I’m-sexy attitude.