Gold is no doubt a popular choice of color when it comes to the makeup at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. At the Mara Hoffman show, Make Up For Ever Alliance Artist Lottie created a bold smoky eye with “desert outlaw” flair with the color while TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin added a creative take on textured tribalism with un-done, voluminous curls with a touch of beach-side glam and leather.
Complexion & Cheeks
Lottie gave the models a sun kissed glow by mixing Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation with Make Up For Ever Uplight #22 and blended it into the skin. She then gave definition to the face by sculpting with Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze to areas that the sun would naturally hit the face. Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow #28E was blended onto temples for a strong pearly beige highlight.
Lottie created an intense, smoky metallic eye by layering Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow shades from lightest to darkest, and blending them outward towards the temple. For a deep contour, she used Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow #0E in black on the lid, and then blended Make Up For Ever Eye Shadow #172 in satiny black chocolate on top of Make Up For Ever Aqua Black under the eyes. She added a hint of desert gold by applying Make Up For Ever Metal Powder #1 in the inner corner of the eye with a small wet brush. To frame the eye, Lottie created statement brows using a mascara wand to fluff the hairs. She filled any empty space along the brow with Make Up For Ever Brow Pencil. The eye was finished with Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash applied to the upper and lower lashes.
Lottie applied Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #9 for a pretty pop of coral on the lips.
1. Prep hair with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Transforming Dry Shampoo to add volume and texture.
2. Start by forming a deep, exaggerated part down the center of the head – begin at the peak and continue down to the nape.
3. Add length by securing 2 doubled tracks on each side and 3 sets of doubled tracks to the back. Lightly spritz Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Salt Spray for a light, pliable hold.
4. While maintaining the part, begin curling small sections of hair – wrapping around a small TIGI Pro curl stock and setting with Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Firm Hold Spray. Pin to set.
5. After hair has set, gently brush curls out for added wave and texture. Hold in place with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Finishing Spray.
6. Finish by wrapping leather pieces around the ends of small groups of hair: 2 in the front and 1 in the back. To heighten shine, spray Catwalk by TIGI Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray.
Make Up For Ever is available at Sephora and you can find TIGI
Images: Getty and TIGI.
Love this look, the Pamela Love jewelry is a nice touch as well!
I love the gold highlight! 🙂 I also like that this runway way look is wearable outside the catwalk haha! I’d love to do this! 🙂
Thanks for the makeup breakdown. Definitely a hot look for summer.