When buying a foundation, the first thing you want to do is figure out whether your skintone is on the warm or cool side. Why? Because if you have warm undertones, a ccool-based foundation will look pasty and sickly on you and if you are on the cool side, a warm foundation can make you look sallow. So how can you tell if you are warm or cool? Check out the following guidelines – it is a lot easier than you think!
• You look better in gold jewelry
• You have yellow undertones
• Your veins have a greenish tint
• You tend to look better in warm colors
• ou look better in silver jewelry
• You have pink undertones
• Your veins have a bluish tint
• You tend to look better in cool colors
If you do not fall into either category, you can be Neutral, which is a combination of both. Some people can also be a cool and a warm during different times of the year. The color of our skin can change according to the seasons, lighting and even your own physical well-being, which is why it is always a good thing to have foundations of different shades handy.