Need to get your passport and yearbook pictures taken? Check out theses makeup tips below!
• Now is not the time to experiment. Stick with neutral, matte colors and go with a clean, sophisticated look. Avoid glittery or super shimmery colors because the flash can turn it into an unflattering shine and make you look weird.
• If you are on the oily side, make sure you blot before hand to avoid looking like a greaseball.
• Curl your lashes. This helps to open up your eyes a LOT.
• Never use a foundation with SPF. The flash will reflect off the SPF, making you look washed out.
• Make sure you are using the right shade of foundation. My biggest pet peeve is people wearing foundations a shade or two lighter so their faces look lighter than their necks.
• Do not go overboard with powder. Too much powder can make you look chalky and lifeless.
• Put on some lip balm. Chapped lips are a big no-no for pictures.
• If you want to make your features stand out more, apply a highlighting powder on the bridge of your nose.
• Don’t forget to wear blush – the flash can make you look washed out.
More tips from famed makeup artist Dick Page
• Mix a little gel bronzer with your foundation to make it slightly warmer.
• Define your eyebrows.
• Use a matte base and eyeshadow in neutral colors.
• Use a gray eyeliner and blend everything very well.
• Use a neutral/tawny blush.
• Use a little non-shimmery bronzer from your cheeks and take it across the bridge of your nose to the other side *lightly* and blend VERY well.
• Use a your-lips-but-better lip color. Do not use gloss, maybe just a little shimmer.
• Chin up slightly and do not smile TOO widely.
• Practice before hand and redo what you like.