Homecoming is around the corner so here are a few makeup tips for all of you as requested.
Miss Teen Universe USA 2006 Katie Blair and Miss Universe 2006 Zuleyka Rivera
* As you can see from the above pictures, the girls, despite their different skin tones, all have one thing in common – they all look fresh and glowy with flawless skin, neat eyebrows, defined eyes, rosy cheeks and luscious lips.
* Try not to do your makeup half-way. If you are going to use foundation, do it all the way to avoid patches.
* Now is not the time to experiment. Leave all the bright eyeshadows and lipsticks for some other time and stick to colors you know you look good in. You should also do a few trials to make sure everything looks good together.
* Your makeup does not have to match your dress completely. Instead, it should compliment it so it remains the main focus.
More Tips from the Miss Universe Website
Here’s an entry about touching up for Rinoa – hope you like it girl!
How To Touch Up Your Makeup
Base – To touch up your base, start by blending away any creased foundation or concealer. Blot your t-zone lightly with blotting paper. Mist your face with rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ and lightly dab with a Kleenex. Then using a fluffy brush or sponge if you prefer a heavier coverage, reapply powder all over in a circular motion. Finish by spraying rosewater or MAC’s Fix+ again to take away the cakiness.
Eyes – Wipe off any smudges with a Q-tip dipped in eye cream. If your eyeshadow has faded, reapply sparingly and do not pile it on, which may end up creasing. Reline your eyes if necessary and definitely recurl your lashes. Line your waterline with a white/nude pencil to perk up tired eyes.
Cheeks – Reapply your blush with a light hand.
Lips – Start by tissuing off any remaining lip color. Then apply lip balm, reline your lips if necessary and reapply lipstick or lipgloss.
Things You Can Do to Minimize Touching Up
* Use a primer before your foundation and eye makeup. It will help make your makeup stay on longer.
* Use products that come in a long-lasting formula.
Spotted all over the Versace and Gucci Fall 2006 fashion shows, bold eyes in vibrant purple, midnight blue or burnished brown are bound to make a statement no matter where you go.
Katja requested a breakdown of Koda Kumi’s eye makeup in this picture with MAC products. Here’s a similar look from MAC.