Here is the latest dish on the A-Mei collection. For those of you who are not familiar with her, she’s a Taiwanese singer and she’s pretty big in Asia.
With the million different kinds of mascaras out there, it can be difficult to make a pick. So read on to find out more about what’s available and what they do.
* Thickening/Voluminizing formulas are great for those who have skimpy lashes. I adore L’oreal’s Voluminous and Maybelline’s Volum Express for maximum volume.
* Lengthening formulas are great for those with thick lashes but want a little length. Pick one with a “precision brush” for maximum length and definition. L’oreal’s Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara is my all-time favorite.
* Curling mascaras claim to lift your lashes and maintain the curl. Personally I find this a gimmick – all you need is a good eyelash curler.
* Color mascaras are fun if you want a different look. While some of them come in crazy colors to make your eyes pop, most come in muted colors meaning you can wear them during the day without screaming crazy lashes.
Navy blue – makes the whites of your eyes appear brighter
Burgundy – great for a natural look and makes green eyes pop
Brown – great for those who find black too “harsh”
* Clear mascaras are only good if you want a natural look. All they do is add a *little* definition – no volume or length. You can also use them to tame your unruly eyebrows.
* Waterproof formulas are great for those who:
1) have sensitive eyes
2) sweat a lot or live in humid places
3) will come into contact with water
I do not recommend wearing waterproof mascaras on a daily basis because I find them more drying than regular formulas and harder to remove.
So what mascara is the best? Personally I find that using different formulas together works a lot better than using one that claims to do everything (and yes that means wearing more than one mascara at the same time). For me, I like using Rimmel’s Lash Maxxx with L’oreal’s Voluminous on top for long, thick lashes. Color-wise, no matter what hair/eye color you have, I would suggest black. I know some people find it harsh but to me, nothing beats dark, fluttering lashes.
Read my mascara reviews to see what other mascaras I recommend.
I have gotten a lot of requests on a breakdown for my profile pic so here it is =)
Held at Hollywood’s Kodak theatre on 15th November, the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show finally aired on CBS last night. The models featured this year include regulars like Adriana Lima (she’s my FAVORITE!), Alessandra Ambrosio, Heidi Klum, Miranda Kerr, Selita Ebanks, Izabel Goulart, Karolina Kurkova, Marisa Miller etc while special guest performances include the reunited Spice Girls, Seal and Will.I.Am.
Beauty-wise, the look is *hot* as usual and this year it is all about a dramatic smoky eye, luxurious, sensual skin and fresh, flirty lips.