In the spirit of Earth Day, I have decided to write an entry on how YOU can be an eco-friendlier beauty addict. So what IS the big deal about eco-friendly products? Well they do less damage to the environment, animals and most importantly, YOU!!!! Here is what you can do to take part in the green movement while looking good:
* Watch out for the packaging. Look for products with recyclable packaging or packaging made from recycled materials. Kiehl’s is a brand that uses recyclable materials in their packaging. Others include <Cargo’s PlantLove Line and model Josie Maran’s Natural Cosmetics line.
* Take part in the recycling program if there is one. MAC’s Back to MAC Program will allow you to trade in 6 MAC primary packaging containers at a MAC counter or store for a free lipstick of your choice.
* Read labels and do a little research on the ingredients before you purchase. Even products that claim to be “natural” can contain toxic and harmful ingredients. Here is a list of products that contains potentially hazardous chemicals.
* Choose refillable products over disposable products to minimize packaging use.
* Support brands that do not test on animals (yes you will be surprised at how many companies out there are still testing on animals). Check out this link for a list of companies that do and don’t test on animals.