Here is a breakdown of Nicole Richie’s look for her book as requested by the gorgeous Chantelle. Girl you will definitely look *hot* in this! =)
If there was one smoky eye master, Hilary Duff would have nailed it! Not only is Miss Duff’s signature look – smoky cat eyes paired with pinks lips and cheeks – uber gorgeous but it will work on pretty much anyone. Below is a look from a photo shoot she did with Blender that I absolutely adore. Now if only I was half as gorgeous as she is *lol*
Boy am I in love with the latest, limited edition Revlon’s Bedroom Eyes Powder Liner ($10)! With this baby, all I need to do is draw a line along my lash line then smudge with a q-tip or MAC #252 brush and I get the perfect smoky eyes. Talk about fast and easy!
There are a total of 6 gorgeous rich colors available and they are all great for the smoky look. I have Fishnet Jet, which is a charcoal black. The color is very pigmented and a little goes a looooong way. The product also goes on really creamy but since it is powder, application can get a little messy and you do get fallouts. I would suggest applying a generous layer of loose powder under your eye to catch any fallouts and tapping the applicator to remove excess before you apply the product. Alternatively, do your foundation and concealer after you use this. Also, this is NOT the product to use to create a fine line – use a liquid eyeliner for that instead. The sponge tip applicator is simply too big for precise application but if you are going for smudgy eyes, this is definitely it.
Here are a few tips to help your hair stay healthy and frizz-free under the scorching sun.
* To prevent your hair from getting fried, apply a product with UV filter like Kerastase Soleil Voile Protecteur before you go outdoors.
* Use a deep conditioning treatment at least twice a week and remember to comb through your hair after you applied it so the product is evenly distributed. Leave on for as long as you can. Rinse off with cold water to help seal the hair cuticles and add extra shine.
* Avoid further damage by limiting the use of curling irons and straightener in the summer and remember to always use a heat protection product like Toni & Guy’s Iron-It Heat Defence Spray before you curl/straighten your hair.
* Apply a small amount serum on the ends for extra shine. I like John Frieda Shine Shock Leave-on Perfecting Glosser for Brunettes.
* Never tie your hair up in the same spot. It will put extra strain on your hair and cause breakage.
* Dry your hair by squeezing out the excess water with a towel instead of rubbing it.
When I first saw the promo pics and online swatches, I thought this was MY collection. I live for bright colors and everything looked so good for the summer! But when I finally got to see it in person, I was far from thrilled.
I have always loved The Body Shop Body Butter ($17.50) and it is the only lotion that I would use on my body religiously – I am usually too lazy to apply lotion after I shower *lol*
These babies come in cute, colorful tubs and they smell so good I literally want to eat them! The texture is also nice and thick and it does spread like butter. Plus it is non-greasy and sinks right into your skin, leaving it baby soft and moisturized for up to 24 hours!
There is currently a deal going on in the UK where you can get a 200ml tub at half price (£6 as supposed to £12) so run to your nearest counter and pick one up!
Flavors That I Love
* Brazil Nut