Ladies, it is official – color mascaras are back! Not only are they great for adding a pop of color to your face without breaking the bank, all it takes is a minute for you to put some on. Plus you can wear alone for a more dramatic look or layer over a coat of black mascara for a subtle tint.
It has been a while since I wore color mascaras but my first mascara was a mauve color from The Body Shop. And now that the 80s are back in full swing, you have no excuse not to put some color on those lashes.
Now that school has started, here are a few ways to keep you looking great for the school year.
* Leave those runway trends at home and opt for a simple, natural look like the one spotted on Blake Lively on the left. Taylor Swift and Katy Perry also rocked a similar look recently that can be duped with a tinted moisturizer, wash of eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.
* Streamline your makeup bag – as if all those textbooks aren’t heavy enough! Carry only the essentials like a pressed powder for touching up, blotting papers if you can get oily and your favorite lip gloss.
* Drugstore brands are a great way to experiment with color without breaking the bank. mark, Flirt! and Rimmel London are all great lines that offer good products at reasonable prices. If you have extra money to blow, hit up MAC or Urban Decay.
* Teens and college students tend to have relatively good skin so keep a simple skincare regimen of just cleansing, moisturizing and using sun protection – and stick to it!
* The easiest way to make a statement? Change your hair style! Dying your hair a new color like Girls Aloud’s Cheryl Cole or getting a new cut are both great ways to freshen up your look.
Lately, I have stumbled upon the coolest acne clearing device, Zeno Mini, to treat my occasional pimple.
This cute little device is about the size of my palm and runs on two AAA batteries. It utilizes a new, patented ClearPoint technology that delivers a natural, soothing heat to a blemish, killing the bacteria that causes it to surface and worsen.
To use the Zeno Mini, place it on the blemish for 2.5 minutes. Repeat up to 2 to 3 treatments over a 12 to 24 hour period to make blemishes disappear or fade significantly.
I tried the Zeno Mini on a blemish that cropped up during that time of the month and it miraculously went away with only one treatment! Plus unlike most topical acne treatments, the Zeno Mini does not contain harsh chemicals that can dry out your skin and cause further irritations. How cool is that?
I am now giving away a new Zeno Mini in White for free! For a chance to win, simply leave a comment with your name and remember to use a valid e-mail address. The winner will be picked randomly next Monday (09/07/09) and notified via e-mail. Good luck!
The Zeno Mini is also available at major department, beauty and drug stores nationwide and online for $89.
Updates: The giveaway has ended and the winner is Jenny Lee.
You ladies know how much I *adore* the HD Invisible Cover Foundation so when I first found out in March that a Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Concealer was coming this fall, I was more than psyched!