Pantone has just announced the 2013 Color Of The Year to be Emerald, a lush green color that also happens to be the perfect color for the holidays. Learn how to rock it by following these tips below!
Tips On Rocking Emerald
* Look at your skintone. Rich colors can look overwhelming on light skin while darker complexions tend to absorb color. If you are on the fair side, reach for lighter greens unless you are going for a dramatic look. Medium and darker skintones on the other hand can pull off darker, more vibrant greens.
* Use the right texture. Steer clear of matte and satin greens, which can look dated. Go for shimmery and metallic finishes instead.
* Mix It Up. Unless worn as an eyeliner, emerald seldom looks good on its own. Pair with golds and browns for a smoldering smoky eye, nudes for a chic look, or add in purples and blues if you are not afraid of color.
* Another great way to wear emerald? On your nails! Wear alone or pair with red and gold for a truly festive look.
* While emerald looks gorgeous on all eye colors, it can really work wonders on brown and hazel eyes.
1. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in Emerald Green
2. Estee Lauder Pure Color Five Color EyeShadow Palette in Emerald Oasis
3. MAC Eyeshadow in Guacamole
4. Butter London Nail Lacquer in British Racing Green
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Graffiti
6. nails inc. Nail Jewelry in Piccadilly Arcade
Need inspiration on how to wear green eyeshadows? Check out these looks!