Drawing inspiration from a character from a Godzilla film, NARS Global Director of Artistry James Boehmer teamed up with Kérastase Paris Hairstylist Odile Gilbert to create “beauty that’s raw, but still ladylike” at the Creatures of the Wind S/S 2013 show.
“We created a look on the eyes that’s a little lived-in. It’s not as anime and perfect; it’s destroyed.” said James.
* Radiant Creamy Concealer (New for Spring 2013!)
* Light Reflecting Powder – Pressed (New for Spring 2013!)
* Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++
* Loose Powder
* Silver Factory Soft Touch Shadow Pencil (New for Holiday 2012!)
* Damned Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (used on eyes)
* Cruella Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (used on eyes)
* Fire Down Below Lipstick
To recreate this “haircut without a haircut” look, follow the steps below:
1. Prepare dry hair with Kérastase Nectar Thermique and straighten each piece so it’s pin straight.
2. Section off the hair and lightly spray each section with Kérastase Double Force Hair Spray for texture.
3. Take a back section and place hair over the head, using bobby pins to secure the piece so it resembles bangs. Allow two remaining pieces to drape over the shoulders.
4. Place a hair net over the back of the hair and secure the net by tying underneath the chin.
5. Spray the sides of the head with Kérastase Double Force Hairspray to keep the look into place and apply a pea-sized amount of Elixir Ultime The Imperial to the length for added shine.
Images: Courtesy of NARS and Kérastase.