Just got a press release from NARS Cosmetics for their Holiday 2011 Collection and everything looks simply decadent!
Q&A with Francois Nars
What should women try for Holiday?
Holiday is the perfect time to experiment with makeup: Go for shimmery colors, or try a dramatic look. Makeup is such an incredible accessory to play with any time of the year, but for the holidays, have fun with it—the same way you would buy a crazy pair of shoes!
What are your must-have products for Holiday 2011?
Shimmery colors and a dramatic look are ideal for a holiday party; Arabian Nights Trio Eyeshadow gives you both. A red lip is always classic, and Joyous Red Lipstick is the perfect amber red color that will update any look.
Are there any colors or textures you would avoid at this time of year?
There are so many great ways to play up your natural skin tone. Blushes and creams that give skin a subtle flush or warm glow feel more festive and sexy right now.
• Arabian Nights Trio Eyeshadow ($45) – Black with gunmetal shimmer, black with purple pearls, and black with red pearls (Limited Edition)
• Ponderosa Cream Eyeshadow ($23) – Mink (Limited Edition)
• Mandchourie Duo Eyeshadow ($33) – Golden-infused denim and rich navy
• Campo De’ Fiori Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($23) – Antique brass
• St. Marks Place Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($23) – Bright violet
• Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush ($27) – Soft, shimmering peach
• G-Spot Multiple ($39) – Rich gold-infused rose
• Joyous Red Lipstick $24) – Amber red (Limited Edition)
• Albatross Lip Gloss ($24) – Luminous glow
• Space Odyssey Nail Polish ($17) – Aluminum (Limited Edition)
• Endless Night Nail Polish ($17) – Black grape (Limited Edition)
Get The Look
Created and photographed by NARS Founder and Creative Director, François Nars, the NARS 2011 Holiday Collection features model Mariacarla Boscono as the face of the season.
Mariacarla’s skin was prepared with PRO-PRIME Pore Refining Primer, evened with Siberia Sheer Matte Foundation, and set with Snow Loose Powder to create an immaculate complexion.
G-Spot Multiple was swiped onto the cheeks and blended toward the temples. To impart a fresh glow, Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush was swept softly across the cheeks and hairline, and down the bridge of the nose.
A light wash of Zardoz Cream Eyeshadow was dabbed across the lid, from lash to brow, and blended to a fresh finish. Next, the black with gunmetal shimmer of Arabian Nights Trio Eyeshadow was swept over the lid from lash to brow and along the lower lash line. The black with red pearls shade was blended into the outer corner, and the black with purple pearls hue was brushed across the lid and into the inner corner of the eye. The silver shimmer of Paris Duo Eyeshadow was applied to the brow bone and softly blended into where it met Arabian Nights. Lashes were curled with an Eyelash Curler and enhanced with two coats of Larger Than Life™ Volumizing Mascara. Eyebrows were bleached for a modern, dramatic effect.
Finally, Mariacarla’s lips were lined and filled in with Jungle Red Lipliner Pencil and blended with a fingertip to soften the color. The look was finished with Joyous Red Lipstick, applied to the lips directly from the tube.
The NARS Holiday 2011 Collection is now available at narscosmetics.com with free 2-day shipping on orders $50 or more.