Inspired by photographer Nobuyoshi Araki’s work, makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury working for M·A·C Cosmetics created glowing skin and a matte graphic fuchsia lip like looked like “an orchid bursting from within” at the Prabal Gurung Spring 2012 Collection.
• Studio Moisture Cream – hydrates and illuminates skin
Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation – lightly buffed into skin to perfect
• Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – applied through the middle of the face for a polished effect
• Luna Cream Colour Base – blended in a “C” shape around the temple and eye area to highlight
• M·A·C PRO Sculpt Sculpting Powder Pro Pallette – blended through lower planes and temples to contour
• Young Venus In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow (available Spring/Summer 2012) – blended over the eyelids as a base and highlight
• Warm Thunder In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow (available Spring/Summer 2012) – applied through the crease and pulled outwards to elongate
• Strobe Cream – a dot applied over the eye shadow for a subtle shine
• M·A·C PRO Process Magenta Chromagraphic Pencil – slightly overdrawn with a blunted tip to achieve the look of just kissed lips
• M·A·C PRO Black, Burgundy, and Fuchsia Lipmix – mixed together and applied through the centre of the lip for more impact
Photos: Courtesy of M·A·C Cosmetics and Vogue.