At Jason Wu 2011, MAC makeup artist Diane Kendal created a modern Versailles look with vibrant gold highlight amidst a deeply shadowed eye.
* Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation – used for a natural finish
* MAC Pro Light Sweep Shaping Powder Pressed Powder – blended as a warm contour over cheeks
* Smothered Cream Shadow (available Fall 2011) blended with MAC Pro Marine Ultra Chromagraphic Pencil – over eyelids and through lower lashline as a base
* Thru The Night Pro Longwear Eyeshadow and Carbon Eyeshadow – blended over creamy base for a smoky intensity through the inner and outer eyelid and crease
* Old Gold Pigment – highlight over center of eyelids and inner corners
* MAC Pro Gold Glitter – applied over the center of the eyelids for a jeweled effect
* Lip Conditioner SPF 15 blended with a bit of concealer to tone down natural lip color
* Shell Cream Color Base – applied over lips for a subtle highlight
For the gilded burgundy manicures, CND’s Roxanne Valinoti used Dark Ruby layered with Bloodline, and gilded with Gold Chrome smile lines
Image Credit: Vogue and CND.