With its super cute packaging and tropical colors, MAC’s newest To The Beach Collection is all that you need for a splash of color for the summer!
The Eyeshadows ($14.50) come in a green compact with a seashell pattern on the lid. The colors are great for the warmer weather and range from vibrant greens and teal to warm coral and light peach. Since most of the eyeshadows come in the Veluxe Pearl formula, they apply very smoothly with excellent color payoff.
* Shimmermoss is a shimmery teal and repromote from the permanent line. I already have this color and it really makes my brown eyes pop.
* Humid is a shimmery dark forest green, also from the permanent line. I have this as well and I love using it for a smoky eye look.
* Sweet & Punchy is a new, shimmery bright lime color. It looks really pretty when paired with Shimmermoss or Humid.
* Firecracker is a new, shimmery reddish coral. Very pretty color but a little too warm for my taste.
* Sand & Sun is an almost-nude pink and my least favorite. The color is not very special and barely shows up on my NC30 skin.
The Eye Kohls ($14.50) come in a new, white packaging that is SO cute! Rosemary & Thyme is a repromote in a gorgeous shimmery golden olive color and Float On By is a new, shimmery dark teal that is equally as pretty. Just like the regular Eye Kohls, these glide on very easily with great pigmentation and decent staying power.
The High-Light Powder in Marine Life ($26) is a must-have from this collection! It is a pressed powder in gorgeous pink and bright coral shades with a golden Seahorse embossed on it. It is also very pigmented and make such a great blush/highlighter! Loves!
The Powder Blushes ($18.50) come in a green compact with a starfish on the cover. Hipness (on the right) is a bright coral with tiny gold glitter and a repromote from the MAC for Fafi collection. Get-away Bronze (on the left) is a new, frosty medium bronze color that would work better as a bronzer. They are both really pigmented so you must apply with a light hand.
The Lipsticks ($14) come in a bright orange tube with a seeshell on the side. There are 4 new colors, which are all very ordinary but they do apply smoothly.
* Beachbound is a super sheer champagne color with a wet, shiny finish.
* Lazy Day is a light cool-toned pink. My favorite out of the four.
* Thrills Rosy is a rosy red color.
* Funba thing is a dark plum that applies like a darker version of Thrills Rosy.
The Lip Pencils ($13) are packaged just like the Eye Kohls – pretty! Life’s A Breeze is a beauitful pink and Temperature Rising is a super bold orange that is perfect if you want to rock the orange trend this season.
So what do you ladies think of the collection? Did you pick up anything or are you skipping it?
Disclosure: The products in this entry were purchased by me. Please see my Disclaimer for more information on my posting policy.