Packing your makeup for a trip can be such a headache! You want to pack as much as you can to make sure you got everything you need but realistically, that is just impossible. So how can you streamline and pack the essentials? Find out after the jump!
• Stick with liquid foundation. While compact foundations are more portable, liquids are more versatile. Mix with a drop of moisturizer to create a sheer look for day, apply as is for more coverage or scoop that thicker residue from the bottle cap and use as concealer.
• Go with palettes. They usually contain a variety of products and shades so you can create different looks while saving room.
• Multi-purpose products can be a real life-saver when you are on the road. Look for cream-based products that can be used on the eyes, cheeks and lips like NARS The Multiple and Stila Convertible Color.
• Using an eyelash curler and mascara will instantly open up your eyes so make room for them!
• Felt-tip liquid eyeliners are perfect for travel because they stay on better, you don’t need to sharpen them AND you can apply directly without using a brush.
• As much as I love lipsticks, lip glosses and tinted lip balms are more practical because they save me the need for lip liner and lip balm.
• Look for samples or travel-sized products. Companies usually give these out for free as gift with purchases so stock up when you get a chance.
• If you must bring most of your makeup, transfer them into smaller bottles and containers. M·A·C makes great travel-sized bottles and containers but Walmart or Ebay offer cheaper alternatives.
• While I love a cute traincase like my Jill Stuart one above, packing everything into a clear pouch might making going through security much easier. Not only do you have all your items in plain sight, the plastic makes it super easy to clean as well.
So ladies, what are your must-haves when you go on a vacation?