A girl can never get enough of a good set of makeup brushes and recently, I stumbled upon a few gems from eco-friendly drugstore brand, ecoTOOLS, that I must share with you ladies!
The 6 Piece Eye Brush Set ($7.99) has everything you need to create the perfect eyeshadow look. There is a Large Eye Shadow Brush, Angled Crease Brush, Petite Eye Shading Brush, Domed Highlighting Brush and Smudge Brush. Each brush is printed with its name to ensure proper usage with every application. The set also comes in a compact natural hemp and cotton case with a mirror on the inside. Personally, I’m not too fond of the case but it does serve its purpose of protecting the brushes and I do like that it’s made from earth-friendly materials.
The brushes are of great quality and even better than some higher end travel-sized brushes (yes MAC, I’m talking to you!) The synthetic taklon bristles are very soft and feel so gentle on the skin. They also have a nice firm shape and pick up the perfect amount of color. I have used these brushes with Stila, MAC, Yaby and Jill Stuart eyeshadows and they all worked great. Not to mention these brushes survived a washing without shedding, going out of shape or bleeding. Below are closeup pictures of the individual brushes:
• Large Eye Shadow Brush – This fits perfectly on my eyelid and is great for applying a wash of color.
• Angled Crease Brush> – This can be a little too big for the crease area so I like to use it to highlight my browbone and to apply a contouring color from the eyebrow to the nose.
• Petite Eye Shading Brush – This reminds me of MAC 228 Mini Shader. It is great for applying color on the inner and outer corners and to define a smaller crease.
• Domed Highlighting Brush> – This is similar to MAC 224 SE Tapered Blending Brush. The dome shape works perfectly on the crease and for blending.
• Smudge Brush – This is great for smudging eyeliner out for a smoky look.
The Bamboo Bronzer Brush ($9.99) has the softest bristles that feel so great on the skin! Again, it picks up color easily and deposits it nicely onto the skin. While the bamboo handle does allow easy control, it is a little too thick and takes up a lot of space in my makeup bag. Besides using this to apply bronzer, I love it for buffing powder onto the face and applying blush onto the apples.
Thank you ecoTOOLS for sending me these awesome products for review! I can’t wait to pick up a few more next time I hit up the drugstore. If you ladies would like to try them too, stay tuned for a giveaway later this week!