Unless you are supermodel Gisele Bundchen, having a flawless complexion takes a lot more than just good genes. Below are some tricks that I use:
* Exfoliate regularly. This is key to creating a smooth canvas for your foundation. I exfoliate twice a week and I alternate between scrubs and peeling treatments.
* Moisturize in advance. I never apply foundation without slapping on an oil-free moisturizer. Not only does the moisturizer provide a layer of protection between your skin and the makeup, it also provides a bit of slip so the foundation goes on easier. Right now I am really liking Philosophy Hope In A Jar and NARS Brightening Serum.
* Go liquid. Liquid foundations are hands down the most blendable and create the most natural look. You all know I adore Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation but NARS Sheer Glow Foundation also provides buildable coverage while looking super natural.
* Always start with less. I usually do one pump/drop of foundation for the whole face. It is just so much easier to build up the coverage gradually than having to tone it down.
* Buff, buff and buff some more. Applying your foundation in a buffing motion will help blend it into your skin, creating that flawless, no-makeup look.
* Mist it. Using a facial mist like MAC Fix + will tone down any cakiness and keep the skin looking dewy.