Unless you are supermodel Gisele Bundchen, having a flawless complexion takes a lot more than just good genes. Below are a few tricks that I use regularly!
• Exfoliate regularly. This is key to creating a smooth canvas for your foundation. I exfoliate twice a week and I alternate between scrubs and peeling treatments.
• Moisturize in advance. I never apply foundation without slapping on an oil-free moisturizer. Not only does the moisturizer provide a layer of protection between your skin and the makeup, it also provides a bit of slip so the foundation goes on easier. Right now I am really liking Philosophy Hope In A Jar and NARS Brightening Serum.
• Go liquid. Liquid foundations are hands down the most blendable and create the most natural look. You all know I adore Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation but NARS Sheer Glow Foundation also provides buildable coverage while looking super natural.
• Always start with less than you think you need. I usually do one pump/drop of foundation for the whole face. It is just so much easier to build up the coverage gradually than having to tone it down.
• Buff, buff and buff some more. Applying your foundation in a buffing motion will help blend it into your skin, creating that flawless, no-makeup look.
• Set it. Using a setting spray like M·A·C Fix + will tone down any cakiness and keep the skin looking dewy.