Drama is an understatement when it comes to the Dolce & Gabbana A/W 2009 show at Milan Fashion Week. The collection featured lots and lots of shoulders (yes they are back!), all kinds of fur, ruffles, tuxedos and even a ballgown with Marilyn Monroe photo prints. While black and white dominated the luxe collection of belted dresses and coats, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana added in a pop of color with a few pieces and accessories in hot pink, blue and red. My favorites are the red corseted dress, the ruffled dresses and those gigantic suede platform wedges (how can you not love them?!) What about you ladies?
Makeup artist Pat McGrath used products from Dolce & Gabbana’s new “The Makeup” line to create a modern Hollywood glamour look that was similar to spokesperson Scarlett Johansson’s look in one of her ads.
* Perfect Finish Powder Foundation Wet or Dry for the perfect canvas
* Shimmery beige color from Smooth Eye Colour Duo in Stromboli on entire eyelid
* Crayon Intense Eyeliner in Stromboli to line the eyes followed by a black liquid liner on top
* False lashes on top
* Luminous Cheek Colour in Rose along cheekbones
* Classic Cream Lipstick in Ultra on lips
Hairstylist Eugene Souleiman created a central-parted, loose bun which is “delicate and a bit geisha-like” and decorated it with gloves, bows and headbands.
Credits: WWD, Dolce & Gabbana and Style.com.