As promised, here are a list of kohl liners that I have tried! New to kohl liners? Read the 411!
1. Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful Kohl (£11.75 ) comes in a super cute Berber carved wooden pot that is decorated in green and red just like the traditional kohl bottles from Tunisia. There are a total of 3 colors available – blue, black and white. The product is a smooth, soft paste made from natural oils and butters and it has a texture similar to a liquid eyeliner. It goes on semi-wet and dries off fast, leaving a pigmented line behind. I definitely like the effect it creates but sadly, this has the tendency to smudge.
2. L’oreal Le Kohl Duo Shadow + Liner ($10.95) is a dual-ended pencil with a kohl liner on one end and a powder shadow in a coordinated color on the other so you can create a simple look in seconds – talk about convenient! I have Black/Vanilla, which has a black kohl liner and a creamy white powder eyeshadow. The liner feels very soft, glides on really easily and hardly smudges. The eyeshadow is pretty sheer but gives a pop of color to brighten up my eyelids. I will definitely go back for more!
3. MAC Eye Kohl ($13.50). I have this in Smolder, a basic black color. It goes on smooth and is super easy to blend. There are also many pretty colors to choose from. The only downside is it tends to smudge like crazy so it would work great as a base for smoky eyes. But if you have oily skin or the habit of rubbing your eyes, do not even think of getting this.
4. L’oreal HIP High Intensity Pigments Kohl Eyeliner ($13) is my favorite loose powder kohl liner! It comes in a little vial and there are a total of 6 rich colors available. I have Navy Kohl, which is a dark, almost-black, blue color and I love that it has just the right amount of iridescence and is not flat. The super thin applicator also makes application – both the Eastern way and Western way – super easy and I hardly get any fallout from this product. The best part is the liner wears really wear until the end of the day and never smears. Highly recommended!
5. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil ($3.49) reminds me a lot of MAC Eye Kohl but at a fraction of the price. It comes in 9 gorgeous shades and I have Pure White, which I love using on my lower rim. The pencil itself is very soft and goes on without tugging my skin. It also has decent pigmentation and wears well. I will always go to this if I need a cheap pencil liner that will deliver.