Glossy eyes have always been one of my favorite looks. The subtle sheen the gloss creates can instantly brighten up your eyes and give off a fresh, luminous glow to your whole face. But while they are pretty to look at, they do have the tendency to crease and migrate. Besides, finding the right product to achieve the look and creating them itself can be tough. I have tried a few of the eye glosses out there and trust me, most of them have failed me miserably (and I don’t even have oily eyelids!!) So instead of investing in a gazillion products that claim to give you glossy eyes that last, I suggest you use good old Vaseline or a clear lip gloss. Below is a brief tutorial on how you can create a natural glossy eye. Hope you guys like it!
What You Will Need
* Vaseline/Clear Gloss
* Shimmery Eyeshadow
* Waterproof Eyeliner
* Waterproof Mascara
1. Start out with a clean eye area. Make sure you remove all traces of makeup and tidy up your eyebrows a bit.
2. If you have discolored eyelids, apply a very thin layer of foundation to even out the discoloration. Otherwise, skip all kinds of base makeup on the eyelid including primer.
3. To really play up the sheen, apply a sheer layer of shimmery beige or white eyeshadow all over the eyelid and a little past the crease.
4. Line your upper and lower lash lines with a charcoal or brown eyeliner to give your eyes more definition. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of mascara.
5. Pat a thin layer of Vaseline or clear gloss on top of the eyeshadow. Apply a little at a time and remember to use a stippling motion. Resist the urge to blend or you will end up smudging and rubbing the color off.
6. Clean up the undereye area with a foundation brush dipped in foundation/concealer.
Check out my other tutorial on how to create a dramatic glossy eye!