Eyes that dazzle in metallic colors has always been one of my favorite looks. Read on for a few tips on how to make the metallic look work:
* Keep metallics on the eyelid and away from the crease as they can flatten and make your eyes look dull. Avoid the outer corners as well since they can they can age and make any crow’s feet even more obvious.
* To use metallic colors on Asian eyes (which are usually less deep-set), the key is to highlight the brow bone and to use black eyeliner and lots of mascara. You can also try using a matte or cream eyeshadow underneath and using the metallic color to highlight the center of the eyelid.
* Colors like plums, greens, blues, bronzes and grays all make brown eyes pop like crazzzzy. Those with blue eyes would look hot in bronzes and those with green eyes would rock plums.
* Warm colors warm up the skin while cool colors cool it down. In other words, if you are on the pale side, stick with cool colors like light blue, silver mauve or silver. If you are on the darker side, go with coppers and golds.
* Try to limit the use of metallics to one area. When you do metallic eyes, keep the rest of your face simple. Use a foundation with a velvet/satin finish and highlight only your cheekbones and the center of your lip.