Inspired by the feminine villains of classic comic books, the look at The Blonds A/W ’14 was all about dramatic lips, bold brows and out-there nails.
Makeup: Kabuki for MAC Cosmetics
* Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel – applied with 191 Foundation Brush to instantly hydrate and refresh
* Fast Response Eye Cream – patted around the eye area to smooth and revitalize skin
* PRO Longwear Concealer – used as a foundation and applied with 191 Foundation Brush to even and perfect, the pushed into the lower lashline to brighten eyes with 195 Concealer Brush
* PRO Performance Sponge – used to blend, creating a flawless matte skin to finish
* Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – swept over the skin with 116 Blush Brush to polish and set * M·A·C PRO Taupe Powder Blush – blended under cheekbones with 116 Blush Brush to sculpt and contour
* Fun Ending Powder Blush (available Fall/Winter 2014) – blended over cheeks to brighten and blanace skin
Eyes – Look 1
* Bare Canvas Paint – blended over the eyelid as a base with 242 Shade Brush
* M·A·C PRO Black Creme Liner – drawn through the upper lashline to create a feline shaped liner
* 36 Lash – applied to the uppwer lashes and defined with Haute & Naughty Black Mascara to perfect
* Brows were blanked out with Studio Finish Concealer and replaced with custom paper cut outs for a built-in attitude, using Duo Adhesive
Eyes – Look 2 (3 models received cat-eye eyelids)
* M·A·C PRO Landscape Green Chromaline – blended through the crease of the eye to contour, using 217 Blending Brush
* M·A·C PRO Pure White Chromaline – buffed onto the eyelid using using 217 Blending Brush for a creamy white highlight
* Designer Purple Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner – used to create an intimidating definition to lips and rich base
* Fuchsia and Madly Magenta Pigments – mixed together and blended out through the center of the lip for a “sinister” mouth
23 unique nail designs that were sharp, strong, bold and intricate with extreme and pointed shapes were created for the show. CND’s artists handcrafted the nails and their dramatic embellishments with Retention+TM Liquid & Powder and BrisaTM Gel. Then, layers of high-shine color were applied using CND ShellacTM and VINYLUXTM. The looks were finalized with unique embellishments, including jagged vintage jewels, Swarovski crystals, chains, pearls, leather, glitter, foil, velvet and more for a rich seductive finish.
Images: Courtesy of CND.