At Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2014, the inspiration came from the opulence, glamour and beauty of Versailles – the gardens, mirrors, mazes and chandeliers. As a result, makeup artist James Kaliardos working for M·A·C Cosmetics created a bright violet lip while Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, gave models a glittery ombre nail.
* Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation – blended over hydrated skin to even and tone, and followed by concealer as needed to perfect.
* Keep It Loose! Casual Colour (available Spring/Summer 2014) – lightly applied to cheeks with fingertips for a natural blush.
* Lily-white Pigment (available Spring/Summer 2014) – dusted lightly over the temples, upper cheekbones, bridge of nose, and cupid’s bow with 168 large angled contour brush to highlight.
* Cultivating Chic from Spring 14 trend Forecast/Eye (available Spring/Summer 2014) – softly blended over the eyelid and through the crease with 213 fluff brush.
* March Mist From Spring 14 trend Forecast/Eye (available Spring/Summer 2014) – blended under the eye through the lashes with 213 fluff brush.
* Haute & Naughty Black Lash Mascara – applied through the upper lashes only to define and open eyes.
* Lingering Eye Brows – blended through brows for a full, slightly defined look.
* Vino Lip Pencil – blended over the entire lip, slightly overdrawn to create a full, luscious effect.
* M·A·C Pro Violetta LipstiCk – blended over Vino pencil to intensify and perfect.
* M·A·C Pro Matte Mixing Medium – applied over lips to set and finish.
Katie first applied a layer butter LONDON’s new Nail Lacquer in The 444. To create a cascading effect she used butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in The Black Knight and applied upward from the tip of the nail. She lightly dabbed the nail lacquer where the two shades met to blend the look. Finally, she reapplied The Black Knight to finish the ombre effect.
Images: Courtesy of MAC and butter LONDON.