At Missoni A/W 2013, makeup artist Lucia Pieroni working for MAC Cosmetics created glossy eyes and nude lips that is “pure… angelic, but with strength” while Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director of Wella Professionals, gave models stacked ponytails.
* M·A·C PRO Face & Body Mixing Medium and Care Blends Essential Oil – mixed together and buffed over the entire face followed by being massaged into skin.
* Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation – blended through the center of the face to even and tone with a luminous finish.
* M·A·C PRO Concealer Palette – used only as needed to perfect.
* Luna Cream Colour Base – blended over the high planes of upper cheekbones, through the temples, bridge of nose, bow of lip, and chin to highlight.
* Clear Lipglass – applied over cheeks and Cupid’s bow for added dimension and shine.
* Groundwork Paint Pot – applied as a sheer layer over the eyelid and through the crease to contour.
* Graphblack Technakohl Eye Liner – applied through the upper lashline, lower waterline, and lower lashline, then blended well to diffuse.
* Clear Lipglass – applied over the eyelid and socket for added shine and dimension.
Lashes were well curled and left bare.
* M·A·C PRO Dim Lip Erase – patted into lips to tone down the natural colour to finish.
“I wanted to create a hair look that was completely multi-dimensional, that appeared very different according to perspective and where the dynamic was brought to life with movement” said Eugene.
Eugene created a series of sectioned ponytails that were “stacked” upon each other to create a thinner profile which gave an aerodynamic appearance. The profile from the front of the head was small and tight with a degree of shine, this transformed towards the back of the head to a contrasting textured, raw effect.
However, it was when the girls walked on the catwalk that the genius of this look was revealed, as soft pieces of hair from the sides of the head morphed with the textured ponytail to create a streamlined, sporty, minimal look that seemed to have a life force of its own.
Get the Look
Step 1. Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
Step 2. Spray hair with Wella Professionals Perfect Setting Blow Dry lotion and dry with a flat brush keeping the hair flat and smooth.
Step 3. Spray hair with Wella Professional Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray, and run through with straightening irons.
Step 4. To create a stacked ponytail, clip hair away on the top of the head and take a section of hair nearest to the nape (around 15cm) and bring hair together with a soft bristle brush and tie in to a ponytail with a long piece of elastic.
Step 5. Repeat this process working up through the head and tying each ponytail on top of the other.
Step 6. When you get to the first of the final four pony tails, take a palm full of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse and press it in to the roots of the hair, before tying in to the ponytail – don’t brush the mousse section as this needs to have texture.
Step 7. On the final section of hair – do not attach to the ponytail, apply the mousse then take the straightening irons and run through the end of the hair section and let it fall on top of the stacked ponytail.
Step 8. Ensure that there are some wispy pieces to the sides of the head and again run the straightening irons through these to give direction towards the back of the head.
Step 9. Finally, spray Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray in to the ponytail, blast with the hairdryer then finish with the straightening irons to create a dry textured finish.
Step 10. Spray the front of the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to set the look.
Images: Courtesy of Wella and Michele Morosi/InDigital/GoRunway.