In an exclusive collaboration, NARS Cosmetics and Sephora go bright, bright and POP with Andy Warhol.
Andy said: “Pop art is about liking things.” Like flowers. Soap. Money. Celebrities. Warhol loved silk screens because if you get the picture right, you can make more just the same. But in a range of colors – something different every time. Andy said, “I use mostly artificial color.” If you’re not trying to be real you don’t have to get it right. That’s art.
Eyeshadow Palettes ($55)
Palettes feature variations on Andy Warhol’s painting, Flowers, 1965. Chrome logo on compact and Andy Warhol quotes on mirrors.
* Flowers 1 – White, brown rose, dark lavender, and gold against a shimmering lavender grey background and black overspray
* Flowers 2 – White and heather blue against a shimmering lavender grey background and black overspray
* Flowers 3 – White, pink champagne, and dark brown against a shimmering lavender grey background and black overspray
Debbie Harry Eye & Cheek Palette ($65)
Debbie Harry was Andy’s pal – the pop star and the pop artist. Debbie was thrilled to be painted by him because it meant she was as famous as Liz and Marilyn. A Warhol portrait was like the best makeover – looking great in all different colors. Inspired by Warhol’s use of “Diamond Dust,” the palette’s colors sparkle with glitter and Diamond Powder, made of real micronized diamonds. Palette includes:
* Eyeshadow Shades – White shimmer, sparkling turquoise, starry black and twinkling purple
* Blush Shades – Brilliant cream and shimmering pink champagne
Kiss Gift Set Larger Than Life Lip Gloss ($55)
Warhol made paintings of iconic people and he made ordinary things iconic, like flowers, soup, and lips. His paintings were pop themes and their bright, electric colors popped off the walls. Presented in a keepsake soup can, the gift set includes:
* Silver Factory - Aluminum
* Drella – Ultra-sheer hot pink
* Chelsea Girls – Innocent, flesh-toned beige
* Blue Movie – Pink sherbet
* Myths – Rosy pink
Walk On The Wild Set Gift Set ($39)
In 1964 Andy painted flowers because he wanted to make something pretty. Decades later they still look fresh, popping out of any background like a pretty face. The gift set includes:
* Silver Factory Illuminator – Aluminum
* It Nail Polish – Black violet
* Orgasm Larger Than Life Lip Gloss – Peachy pink with golden shimmer
Andy Warhol for NARS Sephora Exclusive Holiday 2012 Collection is available October 1 at sephora.com.